Turn a solo into a pas de deux
The Royal New Zealand Ballet’s ‘Partner a Dancer’ programme is your special opportunity to become closely involved with the company’s work through an association with a single dancer. Partners provide invaluable support for the work of the RNZB and are among the company’s most loyal, enthusiastic and knowledgeable supporters.
By following your dancer, you will gain insight into the dancers’ professional lives, from daily class and first rehearsals to first nights and final bows. You will have the opportunity to meet your dancer – whether in Wellington or at other centres around New Zealand – and to visit behind the scenes, with invitations to attend company class and studio rehearsals. Over the course of a season you will see your dancer taking on a variety of roles and developing as a performer in a range of repertory.
To partner a dancer for one year, the RNZB asks companies and charitable foundations for a contribution of $10,000 plus GST. (Partnerships can also be tailored to suit individual donors; we would be delighted to discuss the details with you.)
In recognition of your generous support, the RNZB is pleased to offer special opportunities to your company or foundation:
– An allocation of 20 tickets and 10 complimentary programmes (one for each pair of tickets), which can be used for RNZB mainstage performances, in any combination and in any centre, throughout the year;
– The option to purchase additional tickets at a 15% discount;
– Invitations for you and your guests (up to 10 per performance) to attend pre-performance receptions hosted by the RNZB when possible (receptions held at select centres and performances);
– The opportunity to invite your partnered dancer and other members of the company to meet your guests at your own post-performance functions;
– The chance to watch your dancer in company class and/or studio rehearsals; and
– Subject to availability, the chance to involve your partnered dancer in your company’s advertising or promotions (please note that an additional fee may be requested for such work).
With your permission, the RNZB would like to publicly acknowledge your support.
– Your name or logo will feature in the RNZB’s ‘main stage’ production programmes, alongside the photograph and biography of your partnered dancer.
– Your name will be included under ‘Partner a Dancer’ in the listing of sponsors and supporters featured in all three season programmes.
– Your name will be included in the RNZB’s annual season brochure.
– Your name or logo will appear on the RNZB’s website.
If you would like to Partner a Dancer or learn more about the programme, please contact Bryna O’Brien-Kiddey, Philanthropy Manager, telephone 04 381 9030.