RNZB Dance Centre, 115 Wakefield St, Wellington
Friday 17 and Saturday 18 April 2020
Save the date and keep an eye on the website for booking details.
For all enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact RNZB Education, Community & Accessibility Manager Pascale Parenteau, 021 678 521
The Dance Teachers’ Professional Development seminar brings together dance educators from across the country for a two-day total immersion experience of the dance training, philosophies, syllabus, and dancer wellness programme at the Royal New Zealand Ballet. Participants will gain an inside view of RNZB’s professional training from Apprentice to Principal dancer. A great opportunity to exchange current industry knowledge and ideas while making new connections. Held on site at RNZB’s Wellington studios, you will also be treated to up close opportunities to see the company in rehearsals for the upcoming season of Venus Rising.
Programme highlights include:
- Demonstrations and discussions led by the RNZB Artistic Team. Demonstrations and in-depth explanations of preferred style of technique with ample opportunities for questions from seminar participants.
- Ballet class for participants incorporating RNZB’s preferred style. Further explore the RNZB style by participating in this class taught by the RNZB Artistic Team.
- Observe RNZB company class.
- A social event for delegates hosted by Patricia Barker and the Artistic Team.
- Demonstration and discussion on pointe technique. Pointe demands for the female dancer is covered in this demonstration; with opportunities for questions from seminar participants.
- An in-depth panel discussion on ballet technique (panel TBA). We encourage visiting teachers to bring their ideas and questions regarding ballet technique to share in this interactive panel discussion.
- Guest speaker presentation: Abigail Boyle (former Principal dancer RNZB).
Abigail’s seminar will cover a range of topics, including blending the past with the present, the importance of embracing alternative techniques and teaching current professional trends in the classroom.
- Guest Speaker Presentation: Libby Eglinton (Director of CBD Physio, RNZB physiotherapist) Libby specializes in sports therapy, with a particular interest in problems unique to the classical ballet dancer.