Partner a Dancer – turn a solo into a pas de deux
The Royal New Zealand Ballet’s ‘Partner a Dancer’ programme is a special opportunity to become closely involved with the company’s work, through an association with a single dancer. Partners provide invaluable support for the work of the Royal New Zealand Ballet and are among the company’s most loyal, enthusiastic and knowledgeable supporters.
By following your dancer, you will gain special insights into the dancers’ professional lives: from daily class and first rehearsals to first nights and final bows. Over the course of a season you will see your dancer taking on a variety of roles and developing as a performer in a wide range of repertory.
You will have the opportunity to meet your dancer after performances – whether in Wellington or at other centres around New Zealand – and to visit behind the scenes, with invitations to attend company class and studio rehearsals.
To partner a dancer, the Royal New Zealand Ballet asks that individuals (whether singly or as a syndicate), companies and charitable foundations make a contribution of $10,000 plus GST. In recognition of their generous support, the Royal New Zealand Ballet is pleased to offer ‘Partner a Dancer’ supporters the following:
– An allocation of 20 tickets which can be used for Royal New Zealand Ballet performances, in any combination and in any centre, throughout the year.
– The option to purchase additional tickets at a 15% discount.
– Ten complimentary programmes.
– Invitations for you and your guests to attend Royal New Zealand Ballet interval and post-performance receptions (up to ten guests per performance) – your partnered dancer will be invited to attend as well.
– The opportunity to invite your partnered dancer and other members of the company to meet your guests at your own post-performance functions.
With your permission, the Royal New Zealand Ballet would like to publicly acknowledge your support in the following ways:
– Your name or logo will feature in the Royal New Zealand Ballet’s three season programmes, alongside the photograph and biography of your partnered dancer.
– Your name will be included under ‘Partner a Dancer’ in the listing of sponsors and supporters featured in all three season programmes.
– Your name will be included in the Royal New Zealand Ballet’s annual season brochure.
– Your name or logo will appear on the Royal New Zealand Ballet’s website.
– Subject to availability, you may involve your partnered dancer in your company’s advertising or promotions (please note that an additional fee may be requested for such work).
If you would like to Partner a Dancer, or are interested in finding out more, please contact Susannah Lees-Jeffries, Director of Marketing and Development, telephone 04 381 9019.